Aug 23, 2005

Some more of my favorite things

I love waking up late and then drinking coffee while watching reruns of old shows because it makes me feel like a lady of leisure

I love falling asleep while reading a book in my bed on a rainy day because it makes me feel cozy and safe from the elements

I love Kraft macaroni and cheese because it is so cheap and it taste so good

I love when Figgy Pudding bangs his nose into my nose and then rolls on his back because he loves me and he is so cute

I love when people give me flowers because it lets me know that they were thinking of me
I love drinking vodka and cranberry juice because it tastes so good and it is a really quick buzz


I love the sushi rolls I ate the other night because not only did they taste amazing, I can now say that I like sushi

I love Sex and the City because I am thankful that my life will never be like that

I love daydreaming about my future because there is the hope that it will be better than the present

I love when sappy cards and commercials move me to tears because it means that a perfect stranger feels the way that I do

I love inside jokes that never get tired because it reminds me of good times with old friends

I love oyster crackers because I used to eat them when my grandfather used to make us spinach and chicken soup

I love the feeling between sober and drunk and being with the man I love during that time

I love eating at Philip’s when W.L. Gore is paying for it because it is the only time that my family can eat out like we are rich

I love the smell of burning leaves at nighttime because it reminds me of camping with my dad when I was little

1 comment:

Jen said...

i love this poem. and thank you putting into words why i love sleeping in and watching reruns.