Jun 11, 2009

Things I want to say

I have been doing really well with my swimming, I must say. Actually, it is hard for me to say that but I have always felt like after I give myself credit for something I usually mess up big time. However, the book I am reading(well, was reading and have taken a few days off) told me to give credit to myself when I make good choices. I have been doing water aerobics at least 4 days a week. It makes me feel better. I am at the stage where I look a little thinner and my clothes fit better but the scale is only down 2lbs. I am sure it will start to go down soon. I just feel so much healthier and for a girl who has been not well for a long time that is big news.

Tomorrow Mike and I are joining my parents and my grandmother(so sad to not be able to say grandparents)in Ocean city, MD for the next couple of days. http://www.ocmdhotels.com/ocsuites/ at the lovely Holiday inn . It has been an annual trip since 1995. Sadly, Cali fam and Linds and Col will not be joining us. It is so crazy how we added to those who joined us down there. In 1995 I graduated from high school so as a present my parents rented a room for Linds, my two friends and me. The next year Jason and darby were married and were down. Eventually we added Collin to the mix then a little girl named Lyric then a little boy named Ollie then a hot guy named Mike. Mike actually joined us before we were married. We shared a room which is so bizarre because the room was attached to my parents and they were usually really strict about us spending the night with our boyfriends.As in, we weren't allowed.I was 28 and Mike was 31 so I guess they thought if anything happened it wouldn't be that huge of a deal. We didn't share a bed. Just to make things clear. Why am I telling you all of this. I am tired.

Anyway, that is all I feel like talking about now. I feel like it was dumb. Sorry.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Merry, that IS kind of funny that you guys shared a room adjoining your parents'. But the truth is that if you wanted to keep something from happening, it wasn't going to be your parents' preventing you from sharing a room that was going to do it.

It was your own will, which I guess your parents' could see.

Sorry the whole fam isn't coming to the beach; but don't you guys have a fun trip to Maine planned for the end of the summer? That should be awesome!!!

p.s. heard godspell's going so great; can't wait to see it!!!

Jessica said...

Merry, that IS kind of funny that you guys shared a room adjoining your parents'. But the truth is that if you wanted to keep something from happening, it wasn't going to be your parents' preventing you from sharing a room that was going to do it.

It was your own will, which I guess your parents' could see.

Sorry the whole fam isn't coming to the beach; but don't you guys have a fun trip to Maine planned for the end of the summer? That should be awesome!!!

p.s. heard godspell's going so great; can't wait to see it!!!

Collin and Lindsay: said...

Hey Mers! I'm so glad you had a new post. I haven't had internet for a few days, and it is so nice to hear the (almost) latest news about your life. It sounds like you are doing well. Miss you guys! Wish we could be with you at the beach this year!
--Linds