Feb 15, 2007

Valentine's Day

I will be honest. Valentine's Day was always so annoying to me. I mean, a bunch a pressure to have a special someone and if you don't you a pretty much excluded from the entire holiday. Sure, I gave and received cards when I was a kid. My dad always gave me a present. But pretty much February 14th had been a huge reminder that I was alone and frankly, it hurt. ..until Mike. Now Valentine's day means something to me. Now I love Valentine's day. I love the colors red and pink together. I love lacy hearts and chocolate and flowers. I love romantic gestures and thoughtful gifts. I love Mike and what I am experiencing now that he is in my life.

2 comments:

Susan Marie said...

I still think that valentine's Day is a consumer-driven scam that in no way celebrates the sacrifices made by the original St. Valentine... but I'm really glad that you found love and that you and Mike enjoy celebrating Valentine's Day. Happy President's Day, Merry!!

jason j said...

I'm with Susan.. go Presidents day! We have an agreement to do nothing on valentines day... its totally awesome