May 16, 2007

motivation


I need some. I have been sitting here by the computer with the broom in my hand staring out at the faded red painted fence and the wind blown trees. If I crouch down a little and tilt my head up I can pretend that it isn't a parking lot but a country scene and I imagine that there is a cute little cottage with a stream running through the lush green meadow. oh, who are we kidding...it is just a parking lot. It is OK though. There are no cars there just now and at least I see a little bit of nature. I need to get motivated and go clean the kitchen.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Teehee...this made me smile because I can totally picture you with the broom in your hand while you tilt your head to look out the window :-)

Anonymous said...

imagination is such a good thing.
i hope mine is always alive & kickin'.
maybe when i move back to philly in july i'll come over & clean & talk & imagine crazy things with you?

Jen said...

I sometimes pretend that our apartment is in some exotic european country ... and that's why it's small. Things are smaller in europe (right??).