May 17, 2007

Fantasy


I just want to say that I love fairies. I love them. I think that they are beautiful and it always makes me imagine that there is a fun magical world that we can't see. I like to believe in that world. I like to believe in Santa and elves, and all of the stuff that adults aren't suppose to believe in. I love Harry Potter. Many Christians I have encountered are angry when I say that I like fairies and Harry Potter. It is as if I said that I love Satan. I don't know why they should be so angered. I am not a witch nor do I want to be. I haven't tried to cast a spell on them or hex their families. I am a Christian and I don't practice witchcraft. Whatever. I don't understand people sometimes.

7 comments:

Jen said...

I can't believe you like Harry Potter. Just kidding.

I once had someone spend the night and we had rented one of the HP movies. In the morning, they had left the movie in the hallway so that they didn't have to sleep in the same room with it. Wow.

merry said...

Wow, indeed.

Susan Marie said...

I love the Harry Potter books and movies. I love the fact that God blessed people like Tolkien and Rowling with such vivid and fun imaginations. It's great to visit worlds with fairies and magic because I think it helps us expand our minds beyond the everyday so that we can see the "magic" that God is weaving in our lives.

Jen said...

Well said, Susan.

Anonymous said...

i love all of these things, also.
it's just putting your imagination to good use.

Lady Leth said...

yeah---I agree with all the above...I mean, who knows, maybe angels really look like fairies. The thing is, that I think people are afraid of the spiritual world, and the truth is, there IS a whole world that we can't see...and i think that its probably a very magical place.

Jen said...

how about an update, mer?