Dec 30, 2008

Surgery

Tomorrow I have my surgery to remove the uterine polyp. I have hope that it will go well and that the procedure will increase my chance of conception. I am a bit nervous, though. I am nervous to have the procedure done even though I am sure it will be no big deal. I am also nervous that I still won't conceive and then I will have to face the fact that I just might never have a baby.I think if I just knew for sure that I couldn't that it would be easier than not knowing. I felt that way about getting married too. If I just knew that there was no one for me then I would have been able to move on with my life. But it was a wonderful surprise to find that Michael was meant for me.

Speaking of Michael, I do believe that he is my soulmate. Last night when he was tucking me in and we were praying and doing devotions I happened to ask him if he would remarry if I died. He said that he would not. I asked him why and he explained that he only wants me. He couldn't imagine marrying anyone else. We have talked before about the fact that he didn't want to get married until he met me. He wanted to spend his life with me not just anyone. How humbling and amazing to me. I feel the same way about him. I could never imagine anyone being able to make me happy like Mike does. He takes care of me. He makes me laugh. We talk about things. He wants me to be happy. He apologizes when he wrongs me and he REALLY means it. It is amazing to me. How truly wonderful.

So, anyway. That is just what I felt like saying.

3 comments:

Nina said...

Are you trying to make your readers cry?

I am so, so happy that you and Mike are so happy together, so meant for each other. That makes me feel like I participated in something truly great when I had that little idea about Merry and Mike.

And I didn't know about the surgery tomorrow. I'll pray for you...

merry said...

Yes, Nina, you indeed made this happiness of our possible. I mean, truly, if you hadn't set us up we might never have found each other again. Brian, did say that it was his idea but he never spoke to me or to Mike about it...hmmm, curious.

Jessica said...

I am so happy that you and Mike found each other as well--Nina, you were awesome to follow through with that idea!

And Merry, I will pray for your surgery and everything that entails.