Jan 8, 2010

Hope

I have decided to start Weight Watchers online again because if I stick to it it works. I do have some trepidation because I have started with such hope before and then fizzled out when the going got tough. I am really needing to lose weight in a major sort of way. I am trying to take steps to see if I can have weight lose surgery covered by my insurance. I have major issues. Physically and emotionally. I really believe I will die early and/or end up crippled for good if I don't get the weight off soon.

So here are my goals...

Continue counseling with Kim Champion. I had issues that I thought were delt with but they are not.

Keep track of my food intake daily

Swim for at least 30 minutes at least 3x a week. Preferable 45 minutes 4 times a week.

I could use some support. I really could.

6 comments:

merry said...

merry i am praying for you and know you can do it...keep "doing" things so you don't eat...i know you ache terribly but i bet even the fibromyalgia will be better as you keep on staying involved in life....you are the dearest of dear mer....mom

merry said...

one thing i depended on was sugarless gum...lots of packs and lots of different flavors...

merry said...

hey, how did you post as me? Well, I am glad you got to post anyway. Thanks for the encouragement!

Nina said...

I think it's great that you set goals, even when they feel overwhelming. I tend to avoid goals so I won't feel more overwhelmed. I'll pray for you, Merry. I think these are good steps to take, and everyone needs support.

Oh, and hurray for Kim Champion!

Jessica said...

at first I was like, Oh dear, Merry really does need support and I suppose is ready to give it to herself if need be!

Merry--I know this has to be scary and goodness knows I am acquainted with scary. But there's better, even stronger things than scary, though they are hard to see sometimes. There's God and the way he does give us grace to overcome the challenges that come our way...I really pray you wake up feeling hope and the sense that you can do this every day.

I know you can, Merry!!! Cheering you on...:)

lindsay said...

Mers, I KNOW you can do it. I always have known it. It's really smart to be doing these things now, and giving it your best shot. If you do this stuff for 6 months or more, then most Health Professionals would agree that you are in a stage where you are definitely ready to change (and henceforth, ready to undergo a major surgery). SO, keep on going! I know it's difficult, but if you really exercise will power each day, it gets easier---like any other strength building routine. I find that I stick to things more easily if I understand the science behind why we should make healthy choices. Maybe look into getting a a good book on health, nutrition, or even read case studies of people who successfully changed their life in this sort of way. LOVE you! Linds