May 10, 2012

Well, it has been two weeks today since I got my surgery and I would say that I am doing really well with my recovery. The first week was really rough. Lots of pain both inside and out and other not so pleasant things. I still am taking blood thinner shots in my belly every night which is rough but only have until Saturday. Then no more "pokes" as Senya says. Speaking of Sen, she sent me an adorable video greeting saying that she was sorry I had to get "lots of pokes". She knew that pokes hurt because she never has forgotten her shots. Such an adorable, smart and funny girl. I love her.

Mike has been really fantastic during all of this. I mean, I expect nothing less because he is always great but he has just been such a help during this time. He spent the nights curled up on a cot in the hospital room with me and made sure that I got everything I wanted or needed, including a fan to block out noise.

I would say right now the hardest thing for me to do is to take all the medication I am supposed to be taking. primarily because I can't swallow big pills so everything has to be chewable(yuck) or opened/crushed and consumed(triple yuck).

Anyway, that's all for now.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I am sorry for all the pain, Mer--but man, I am so glad you are recovering so well. And I am so glad you have that wonderful man, Mike, in your life. I just remember so many talks we've had when you just wondered and wondered if you'd ever meet someone--and voila!--you meet Mike. And he's truly awesome and I love you two together.

And, like I said, so great that you are recovering and I cannot wait to see you sometime soon!

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you, Mers, and I think you are so brave. It's definitely a journey, but you are doing so well.