Jan 16, 2008

I am doing it...and I need all the help I can get.

I just weighed myself for the first time in a long time and I am heavier than I ever thought possible. Instead of getting depressed and doing nothing I am going to be aggressive. I started counting calories and have set the reasonable goal of losing 147 lbs by August 2009. I am swimming three times a week and I am going to try to drink 640z of water a day. I am not cutting out sugar completely but I am going to try to incorporate better foods into my diet and only have a small amount of sugar a day until I am off of it.

I need my friends to pray for me. This is something I really want and need to do.

4 comments:

Nina said...

I'll pray for you, Merry!

Susan Marie said...

Wow! That's very proactive and admirable of you. I'll pray for you, and offer any encouragement I can. I'm absolutely terrible about sticking to diets, so I can't offer any words of wisdom, unfortunately.

Lady Leth said...

Meredith, I am so proud of you! I know you can do it. I really feel like this is your time.

Jessica said...

Count me in for praying for you! We are all on your team, Merry! Do you have smaller goals to achieve on the way to your main August goal? Maybe if you break it down, it will feel more achievable. And swimming is so great for you. This is gonna be good!