Jan 9, 2008

waiting

I hate waiting. I feel like I have been waiting for my whole life. I know I should be patient but I just feel like I need to know now. It just kind of sucks when you have to wait for an answer about one thing before you can move on to another thing. The house for instance. It has been nearly 1 month since we told the agent that we wanted to put in an offer.She needs to really get on the ball. I know that the price of the house is just a drop in the bucket compared to some sales she is probably dealing with but good grief. She will tell us we need something so we work really hard to get it thinking that that is what she needs to make the offer and then I won't hear from her so I assume she has made the offer. A couple of days later I will catch up with her and ask her what is going on and she will be like, "oh, I need this too". Sometimes she tells us she needs something that we have never heard of but she insists that she sent it twice already. Sometimes we will send her things a couple of times and she will say she never got it. It is so frustrating. I wish it could just be simple. We can't find another agent cause she has all of our information. We can't look at other houses because she might make the offer. It is just all up in the air. We need to tell our apartment management whether we are leaving in April but we don't want to do that until we know for sure that we have a house. This is just so annoying to me. I know people have said it is stressful to buy a house but... jeez.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally understand-it is crazy! when we were trying to buy our house, we had everything in order, had written a letter detailing my specialized career in which I receive lump sums of money every once in a while (or have five different employers at any given moment- and no, I am not an assassin OR a whore), had produced every obscure document and W-whatever they needed, only to be told at the last minute that we didn't get the loan...We went with another company and got one, though, so it all worked out; but it was FRUSTRATING during the process! I hope it works out soon for you guys--and don't worry, I am sure your income is much easier to prove than mine:-)

Dave said...

those are good signs to find someone else who cares about what you want. We tossed our first realtor b/c she kept wanting to take us to houses that didn't meet our criteria. Our second realtor was very helpful and even came to our apt to have us sign something that we missed the day before. He was calling us basically every day to let us know what was going on and to see how we were doing. In the end i ended up not liking him b/c as soon as the closing was complete, it was the last we heard from him... no thanks... no welcome gift... actually he may have send a card with "L8R NUBS" on it, but he kept the ball rolling. If you are unsettled on yours it would probably be a good idea to put the smack down or find someone who cares. It would suck for you to lose a home you love b/c of someone else's incompetence.