Oct 17, 2008

Feeling better

You know, I have this habit of feeling like the world is ending whenever I am having a hard time. It is easy for me to slip into a dark place and to think that life will never be good again. Why do I do this? Oh well, it doesn't matter. I am feeling better now. I think I am feeling better because it is the fall.

The fall is extremely wonderful to me. I always have good memories of walks at Winterthur through the paths lined with trees. Looking all around me there was nothing but vibrant red,orange, and yellow and I would breathe in the smell of well, change. Our house would always smell like the fireplace which was burning constantly as the weather got cooler and it seemed like there was always football on the t.v.

Some night we would have bonfires outside and eat S'mores and talk. We actually did that last weekend and it was fun.


Now falls has new fun memories and things to look forward to. Mike and my anniversary was yesterday but we are celebrating today by going to the Poconos for the night. I am excited. I can't believe we have been married for three years. Mike is a wonderful husband and I feel so blessed to be his wife.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

happy anniversary! that's amazing!!!!

Nina said...

I think it's hard to have perspective in a dark place...that's part of what makes it so dark. But I am so glad that you're feeling better and enjoying October.

Jessica said...

Merry--happy anniversary and I hope you guys had a wonderful time in the poconos! I love the fall, too. It is especially beautiful here in Toronto--the leaves are such glorious colors and remind me of home.

Jen said...

Happy anniversary!