Nov 2, 2008

I am feeling bad today so I guess I will just write and hope that I feel better when I am done.I am not going to worry about paragraphs or grammer.Here it goes. I feel sad today. I got my period which is a good thing except for the fact that it means that I am not pregnant...yet again. Mike and I have been officially trying for over a year. I have been trying(and maybe God is punishing me) for the past three years. Mike and I have already resolved the fact that I was trying to have a baby when he wasn't onboard. True to Mike's style he forgave me right away and told me that he kind of knew. Anyway, I am 31...closer to 32 and I want a baby really badly. I didn't always want a baby in fact, I thought that it would be better for a child if they didn't inherit my family's, um, ahem, issues. I also thought that perhaps I was responsible enough, or healthy enough, or unselfish enough. But you know, after years of seeing complete idiots having children I am fairly certain that I would be a great mom. I think Mike would be a great dad. We have a cozy home and I know that we would give a child so much love. I really knew that I would have trouble concieving and that isx why I starting trying so early. I thought it was ridiculous to use birth control when I knew I wasn't getting pregnant. I also struggle with feeling like I don't deserve to concieve easily. I feel like I have waited for everything I have wanted. I feel like my life has always been a huge struggle. Why not now? I also feel like I brought it on myself because of being overweight. Arg. That is all I feel like writing now. I need help. Mike and I are going to a fertility doctor in a few weeks. I just hope there is some help.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Merry--my heart goes out to you. You have every right to feel sad right now; you are going through some really tough stuff. I know that God is not punishing you, though...I am not sure what he is doing, but I know that he loves you. so much.

I am praying for you guys--I want you to have a baby, too...

Nina said...

Merry--Ugh. I feel so sad that you guys are dealing with this. Fertility issues are so difficult, I think, because what seems like it should be so easy, so often is not easy at all. And there's no escaping the reality that lots of other people are getting pregnant and you're not. It's just awful. You don't want to be upset by someone else's happiness, but it just reminds you of your own challenges and unhappiness. We will pray. You know no one wants you two to have a baby more than me. ;)

jason j said...

Thats such a bummer...

There definitely can be a spiritual component that sometimes needs to be dealt with so make sure you guys also get lots of prayer with people laying on hands for you guys..