Jan 25, 2009

Support forums

So, I will be honest, as usual. I have struggles with things that I am sure a lot of people struggle with but generally when you are feeling bad you tend to feel alone also. I have wonderful family and friends that I can talk to when I need support but I have also tried some online forums that are geared towards encouragement for certain issues. I find them to be useless. The reason I find them useless is that everyone on there is in so much pain that they aren't really looking to help they are looking to get help. At least, that is what it seems. I have joined 2. I have tried to encourage people but when I write something I get very few responses and the ones I get are pretty lame. Usually they are just an emoticon. Like I write something sad and someone just responds with a sad smiley. Helpful. I just decided that I can't do it anymore. Maybe I am needy but it just seems sad that a support forum ends up making a person feel worse. Oh well. I hope they help some people.


In other news: These coming two weeks are going to be really rough for me. I will be working 11 hours days. Prayer would be appreciated.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

yes, I can see how the sad smiley face could leave someone feeling a little bereft.

I have never heard of a support forum--is it kind of like a blog where a lot of different people can write?

And I will pray for you this week, my friend.

Nina said...

I have never heard of a support forum either...but I think your assessment must be correct. Most people are probably on there to receive help, not give it.

And 11-hour days?! Yikes. That's hard work. I hope the days pass quickly and you're not too exhausted.