Mar 18, 2009


Apple blossoms are so beautiful. They are one of my favorite flowers even though they are on a tree. When I was younger and living in New Castle, DE we had an apple tree, a peach tree, and a maple tree in our back yard. The apple tree blossoms had this amazing smell and the little pink and white petals were so delicate and fairytale-ish. Of course, the tree would then bear apples that would fall to the ground and rot. We would slip on the rotten apples and they would squish through our bare feet. Also, they would attract a ton of bees so I got stung a lot but the blossoms were beautiful.

6 comments:

Nina said...

This made me laugh out loud. It sort of reminded me of this thing they used to do on Saturday Night Live: Deep Thoughts with Jack Handy -- the sublime and the absurd (or dreadful) sort of mixed together.

And the picture is lovely! I'm so happy that Spring is here.

merry said...

You know, after I wrote this and reread it I too thought of Jack Handey. That was unintentional but funny.

Jessica said...

Did you take that pic, Merry--it's so pretty.

And yes, have to say that you are very very funny, Mer-)

Jessica said...

p.s. I hope your party was such a blast tonight, Mer!!! So very sorry I couldn't be there!!!

merry said...

Thanks but the party is tomorrow night!

Jessica said...

Merry! I just realized that AFTER I wrote the comment. And the funny thing was that I had just looked over your evite to see who was going and even wondered why my mom and Jenna had to go to a wedding on a Thursday!!!!


Dumb, dumb, dumb!

Hope you had a fun party TONIGHT!!!