Mar 12, 2009

grrr

Ok, so here is one of my pet peeves. Please don't be offended if you do this. You probably have a perfectly good reason and maybe if I walked in your shoes I would have a different idea about this but...I really hate when Christians say something to the effect of."Jesus, come back soon".As if this life is just so horrible they are begging Jesus to end it all.


I know there is a lot of pain in this world. I know there is a lot of death and I want to see those that passed away again . However, this is a good life. Heck, this is a wonderful life. I didn't always think so but, jeez. I just feel that it makes Christians sound a little nuts to be talking about the rapture or the end of times. I don't want Jesus to come back soon. Sorry, but I don't. There is a lot more that I want to accomplish before I go to heaven.

I know that sounds mean. Sorry.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

No, I know exactly what you mean. I think a big part of it for me is that heaven is unknown and I really do love life, as well. I don't know how my relationships will be there; I don't know what I will be doing.

I just have to trust that it will be great, but I am in no rush all the same.

jason j said...

Agreed.. no where in the Bible do they ever say that the day of the Lord will be some great big happy thing.. Jesus said "woe" to those who would live during those days..
so yeah.. its nothing to get all pumped about..