Jul 30, 2009

Hi.

I have found recently that I say "hi" to strangers a lot more. I smile a lot more. I hold doors for people. I think this is nice. I have decided that even if people don't say hi or smile back at least I did my part. I have been trying hard lately to be a kind person. I don't think I am an unkind person by nature but it is very hard for me to hide my annoyance at people and situations. I am working on that. You know what else I have found out recently? If I pray for help to have peace or to not be annoyed at someone, God usually helps out. It's nice.

Mike and I are leaving on Saturday to go to Bar Harbor, Maine with my family. I am excited. We hired a pet sitter to come to our house twice while we are gone. I hope it works out and the cats aren't too mad or dead when we get home. I think two times during the week is good right? I mean, they have stayed a couple of nights by themselves a lot of times. I'm sure it will be fine.

I have started eating a low carb diet because of the insulin resistance. I feel pretty good today. I love carbs. It might get really hard.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Hi yourself.

A pet sitter coming in twice for your cats should be just fine, I think. We usually have someone look in on ours a couple of times in the week when we are gone and they have always been great--that's one thing I love about kitties!

Nina said...

I'm hoping the Figs won't be too upset with you. My friend's cat used to leave one poo dead center on his bed every time he traveled....

Glad you're feeling good. When anyone can eat low carb, I'm impressed. I love carbs.