Jul 8, 2009

imagination


I am so blessed to have an imagination. I sincerely feel sorry for those who cannot conjure up anything other than reality. Frankly, my imagination has kept me going through the years. It keeps me from getting bored and it helps me to be empathetic in many situations. Sometimes I wonder if I use my imagination in a way that is harmful. I know I have used it as an escape from my life in the past but on the whole I feel that it brings me joy and I don't feel like that is wrong. One of my favorite things to imagine is that I live in a cottage in the woods and there are all sorts of mystical creatures hiding in the yard. I literally imagine that I do not live in the city but the country. Just past the woods that surround our house is a lush meadow with thousands of wildflowers. If you look further you will see the ocean which is crystal clear. That is where the mermaids live. They like to swim with the dolphins and wave at me.

That is what I am imagining right now. It is a nice place to be.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

First of all, I am glad you have the adult content warning because this post was a real doozy. I'd hate for a kid to stumble across it and be led astray...

But seriously, I know exactly what you mean. As long as I have my mind and can escape into my thoughts, then there is always something interesting to do. And a little escape every now and then is not so bad, I think.

Nina said...

Okay, I love this post. I want to live in a cottage in the woods surrounded by mystical creatures who wave at me. I bet it's never humid there either. I think I'll join you.

merry said...

Yes! Join me, Nina! The fairies are coming over today and they always bring such nice gifts. Ok, now I really sound like I have lost my mind. I don't care, It's FUN!

Lady Leth said...

I was instantly transported...I want to be there with you!

merry said...

Of course you may be here with me ESJ! In fact, I have decided that there are several cottages nestled in my woods. One for each of the people I love. All the houses are shaped like little mushrooms and a wise old tree is in the center of a clearing. He talks to us and gives us advice.We lounge by a sparkling stream in little hammocks that look like flower petals and we sip nectar and eat delicious tea sandwiches and little cakes.