Apr 25, 2005

no mood for a title

I look out my window and see the same landscape as always but the scene has changed from winter to spring.I feel like I just looked yesterday and there were no leaves on the trees. Now there is so much to look at, so much to take in. The various shades of green alone are enough to occupy my mind for hours. I am staring now and so my thoughts go to my life.

I am a selfish girl. I often am so selfish that I do not even realize just how self centered I am. I want to feel safe, I want to feel loved, I want to feel happy. I keep taking and taking and feel like I am incapable of giving. I want to give. I want to be focused on someone else's needs for a change.
I want people to feel like they are better for knowing me. I wonder if anyone is better for knowing me. I mean, do I touch lives? I work in ministry but do I minister to anyone? Have I left my hand print on anyone's heart? God, please help me to be unselfish. Please make me a better person. Please, help me to stop staring and get back to work.

No comments: