Apr 18, 2005

something in march

When I close my eyes and shut my ears to the demon of self-loathing
I can imagine being loved

When my ears and eyes are pried open by reality I realize that the hardest thing for me to believe is that you would even stand the sight of me
Because I am, in essence not beauty
I, in essence, can be the ugliest of all creation
I wish that I could be the loveliest like you

So adorable, so loveable and kind
Just like Jesus in your eyes and your soul
when I think of you I feel like you deserve so much better

Pain was the fire that refined who you are
Compassion comes from none being demonstrated
You were shown no beauty, now you find it where others do not look

You are the sweetest of all and everything beautiful
You are all that is right in this world
You are everything I could ever want
and everything I fear that I will never have

2 comments:

Jen said...

Did you write this about Mike? I remember you said you went on your first date just before our wedding and that was just a few weeks before this post! I love it ~ if it's for Mike or not.

merry said...

yepper. This is for Michael P. Even though we were only dating for a couple of weeks, I knew I was going to marry him. I just felt so unworthy of his love. Good thing I snapped out of it.