Jun 14, 2007

The beach


Every year my family takes a trip down to Ocean City, Maryland over Father's Day weekend. The first time we went down was when I had just graduated from High School. My parents rented a room and then let me and Linds and Christine Mulrooney and my friend, Sarah, stay down for the week by ourselves. Darby and Jason had just gotten married and Linds was only 13. Since then we added Lyric, Ollie, Collin, and Mike to the trip. It has kind of shrunk down from a week to all day Saturday, sat night and then part of Sunday.

It is always fun. On Saturday night we always meet some of my dad's friends and go eat at Phillip's which is a phenomenal Seafood buffet. We all have our favorite things to eat but I always fill up on the king crab legs. They are huge and sweet and succulent.

The sad thing is is that this year may be the last hoorah for the DiNatale fam before Darb and her fam and Linds and Col move out West. Sad. I want to write more about this but I feel tired right now and I have to get ready to work.

4 comments:

Karenkool said...

Hello--I came over from Jen's blog. Hope you don't mind ;-D.

Ocean City is a place my family always used to go. Phillips crab house is my all-time favorite. I have many childhood memories from the boardwalk. My husband and I went their during our honeymoon travels! I had to introduce him, especially to the art of eating Maryland blueclaw HAHAHA. Anyway, have a great time!

Jen said...

Hey Mer - that's Karen, she's one of my really good friends. Her daughters were my flower girls. Anyway, I'm sure there will be future trips to Ocean City eventually ... just maybe not every year. And now you have a great excuse to go out west! Ooh, let's go together. More on that another time...

Anonymous said...

Mer,
I was thinking about our trip recently (in the shower oddly enough) and was laughing out loud remembering the drive to the beach and how you were in a crabby mood and screamed "MY NERVES ARE SHOT!". It sounded so adult and I remember thinking it was really funny at the time, and for whatever reason still do now! I also think of you whenever I go to the beach and my hair gets all crazy curly from the saltwater and how you called me George Washington during that trip because of the way it looked next to my face.

I am glad that I checked your blog, I haven't in a few months (ok, since I had myspace) and saw it in my address book thing so I'll have to get to readin' more often!

Xs & Os,
Sarah

merry said...

Sarah my friend,
What happened to your myspace?