Feb 19, 2008

Things to be happy about

I am feeling depressed and achy and tired and sick in my stomach and sad that I am not pregnant so I will make a list of things that I am happy about and hopefully I will start to feel happy. I am not going to list the usual stuff that goes without saying like, God and family and friends. I am going to go kind of surfacing and not deep cause I can't think deeply right now.

1. I was able to clean the kitchen today and it felt good
2. I had some tasty tuna and crackers for lunch
3. I am sticking to my points and feeling good with Weight Watchers
4. I don't have to work today and I am going to take a nap in a minute
5. Mike said I might be able to rescue a dog for my birthday after we move into our house.
This is an improvement from when he told me no firmly and said end of discussion.
I probably won't get one but it nice to know that it is a possibility.
6.We go to settlement on the house in less than a month
7. The withdrawal from Lexapro is actually going better than I anticipated
8. I didn't get Mike's sickness
9.I am going to spend time with family this weekend
10. My tulips from Mike look especially beautiful today

They might be a stretch but I did the best I can

3 comments:

laura said...

I think that is a wonderful list and it made me happy just reading it. I will pray about the "rescue a dog" thing for you. I am sure that as soon as Mike sees those cute, helpless eyes staring back at him he will change his mind completely.:)

Susan Marie said...

What a great thing to do. Sometimes I think that giving thanks for the "little things" that make us happy is what gets us through each day. For example, today I am happy that Zoe is getting over her cold, that I got to have a cup of delicious coffee with breakfast without getting heartburn, and that there are two new posts on my friend Merry's blog for me to read!!

Jen said...

This is a great list. How exciting about the house! I'm seriously glad you didn't get the flu - why is it so insane this year? I just saw the title of the last post and have to go read it (Britney Spears)....