Apr 26, 2009

Random thoughts

I didn't sleep well last night because I could get to a comfortable temperature and now I have a headache that feels like a hangover headache. Yucky.

Yesterday morning I laid down on my front porch and read. I was at eye level with my flowers and if I didn't lift my head and ignored the traffic sounds it was almost like being in the country. Almost.

I decided yesterday that today would be the day I stopped eating sugar. It was going really well until I woke up. I forgot and put sugar in my coffee. So, maybe I will just say today is the day I start cutting back my sugar intake.

Some of you may have seen my cats do their trick but for those of you who have not experienced the wonder of the Amazing Figs and Fiona Show in which they both, that's right BOTH defy nature and gravity by (drum roll please).......SITTING FOR A TREAT...where was I going with this, ah yes, they have both officially stopped learning. The Figs plants his butt before I get a chance to say sit and won't budge. Fiona jumps up and then sits when I tell her. When I try to teach her something else she will just sit as if to say,"There. Now give me the damn treat". Oh well.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Mer, I tried to go off dairy for a week to see if Maiya was having a reaction to it. I made it exactly 4days before I ate ice cream and pizza. Food restriction is much easier when you sleep.

Jessica said...

Um, how the heck do you make your cats do anything at all?

Drew and I love our cats to pieces, but they are more like wonderfully furry boarders who do whatever they please than pets who actually give a fig about sitting for a treat.

But they do RUN for treats when they hear us opening the cupboard where we keep them. And before we wised up and kept them there, our kitties learned how to open the treats and help themselves!!!

laura said...

I have been teaching Gryff new tricks...he can sit, lay down, and roll over. I think you would love it. Sometimes when I tell him to roll over he gets up from laying down and comes closer and almost throws himself down in front of me. really cute...

Nina said...

I think Fiona and the Figs are making the point that they are more than capable of learning but they're choosing not to. It's a brilliant feline move -- humbling you, their loving owner, and reminding you who's in charge.