May 14, 2009

My flowers


Here is a picture of some of my flowers.Nice, HUH?

Seriously, I don't mind where I live anymore. I really think my house is so cute even though it is tiny. However, if it were bigger I am sure I would have even MORE trouble keeping it clean. I would really appreciate some more closets and shelves. We have no closet space. One closet in our bedroom and this little nothingburger (as mom would say) closet in the spare room.

Anyway, the area outside is still not completely lovely but I have made it much better looking with flowers. I find flowers so wonderful. It can make even the crappiest of places look cute. I know these people that I love dearly. Their house needs a lot of work due to lack of money and illness which has caused this one person that I love to not do quite as much as he would like to do. Now his wife, who is a precious precious person has done an amazing job of making her gardens looks wonderful. When I look at the house all I see are well placed brights and beautiful flowers. As a matter of fact...When I was first introduced to these people I told their son that I thought the house was cute. He laughed and said,"You are really nice". I was confused.He explained that the house needed a ton of cosmetic work. Strange thing is that I had no recollection of said work to be done.The next time that I was looking for the crappiness I found it. It blew my mind that I hadn't seen it in the first place. All because of the distracting flowers.

Right now I am looking out my screen door at a hanging basket that my parents bought me. I brought some of my roses inside and put them in a vase. I hear birds chirping(the nest that mike wants to move so he can sleep past 5:00am.) I am sitting on my loveseat listening to the 80's music station on Comcast. Figgy pudding is meowing because he wants to go outside.I am getting my hair done tonight.

All is right with the world.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

I concur, Merry--all of the above sounds pretty cool. Are you doing anything different with your hair?

transfigure said...

I love you, baby.

merry said...

Jess...I didn't mean to do anything different with my hair but she couldn't repeat what she did the last time. I don't love it right now.

Michael...I love you too.

Nina said...

Meredith, I love your house and I was not aware that you did not always love, love, love it. I agree that flowers make a huge difference anywhere...I desperately wish I had a green thumb...

And, I love the word "nothingburger."

merry said...

Nina...Oh, no, I have always love love loved my house but not always the area. I still don't love the area but I love where I live including my yard which I didn't always love either.

Jen said...

We only have two closets in our house. Closets are totally something you don't realize you need until they're gone! Anyway, those flowers are beautiful! Want to come brighten the front of our house?? And on another note, when I clicked on the link to your site from mine, I got a warning from blogger that your site may have adult content. I thought this was kind of funny. Maybe you dropped the f-bomb or something? I don't know, but this comment is getting long, so that's it.