Feb 28, 2009

New post

So, per request from my adoring fans, I decided to write a new post even though I feel like I don't have a lot to say right now. I think I will write some things that are on my mind right now.

1. I cannot believe it is March 1. It feels like this winter just flew by.There is snow on the ground today but I am a little disappointed that we didn't have at least one big snow. I guess there is still hope. After said big snow I would then like the warm weather to come quickly. When I say warm I mean mild. I want a nice spring. I don't want it to go from freezing cold to boiling hot. I love spring. I adore the trees when they have the little flowers that smells so good. Apple blossoms are my favorite. The one tree that I can see from my kitchen window has buds on it already. This makes me happy.

2.I keep having recurring dreams about being in YWAM. It is never a good thing. I always find myself at a DTS and I never understand why I am redoing my DTS. I realize all of a sudden that I didn't pack anything and I made the decision on a whim without fully thinking it through. Then I realize that I left Mike back at home and I am so worried that our marriage won't survive it. Then I also realize that some of the people I knew from my actual DTS are staff and they are mean to me. It's horrible.

3. My 32nd birthday is March 25. I cannot believe that I am 32. That sounds so old to me. I still feel very much like a child in many ways. I wonder if there will be an age I get to where I feel like an adult.

4. I can't think of anything els to write about right now. Sorry fans.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Your adoring fans say thank you!!!

The issue of age and how one "should feel" when one reaches a certain year is so relative, I think. The truth is one always feels like oneself, no matter how old they are.

I have read about an elderly lady catching a glimpse of herself in the mirror and wondering, "who is that old woman?" only to be surprised when she realizes it is, in fact, her.

I guess one thing that changes with the years is our level of responsibility--I know when I think about our mortgage and other bills I really do feel like an adult.

But then I still like to shop at Urban Outfitters, wear short shorts, and eat peanut butter and jelly, which doesn't sound super adult-like...

Nina said...

I am an adoring fan, and I want to request ANOTHER new post. Please?

Also, I want to assure you that 32 is not old. Not even a little bit. Of course, I have made the shocking discovery that the older I get, what I thought was old really doesn't seem so old after all.